Traveling with your pet? Most pets love taking road trips with their family. Here are some tips to make the journey more pleasant for you and your dog or cat.
- Just like children, pets need to be safely restrained. Consider a safety harness, pet carrier or travel bed.
- Though it’s tempting, do not allow your pet to ride with his or her head outside of the window. Many injuries are caused by road debris that has flown into eyes or ears.
- Stop every few hours for water and potty breaks. Bring a litterbox if you are traveling with cat.
- Don’t forget bowl, water and food!
- Bring a favorite toy and snacks.
- Be sure to bring plastic doggie bags for clean ups.
- Have any health & shot documentation on hand. Remember any medications your pet may need.